Happy Birthday To ME!

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Guess how old I am now?

Photographed by Teban S. of Asian Impressions  //  Swann House in DC

Hi LOVEs!!!!!
I COULDN'T BE MORE EXCITED to announce that I officially turned into 29 today! Woo-hooo!
It's not something like I am super thrilled as if I became 20 ( In Japan, 20 is the age that defines as an adult) lol But hey... it's still my birthday, and birthday always gives people such a special feeling no matter how old they will be. (I hope! ) And you should definitely feel special on your birthday because it's the day that your existence was appeared on this planet from your beloved mother! Isn't it so incredible??
 I used to not want to get old AT ALL when I hit 25. I wished my age just stopped right there. However, instead of wishing for what I couldn't do with my power, I decided to embrace it and let it be because you know, after all ages are just 'numbers.' As long as you feel young inside and out, you are young! High-five!!! :)
I don't know if I ever told you this, but I really didn't like myself back then. Maybe I should have said, I couldn't. I complained all the time. I was easily extremely stressed out about everything, even a little thing. I felt like I was a totally different person. Then, I felt that I was faking myself and pretended I was a nice girl by dressing up. Maybe because I'd lived lying to my true feelings, thinking of what other people perceived me and might hurting someone from being true to myself. I felt empty inside of my heart and was constantly seeking who I truly was.  It wasn't really a piece of cake to change who I was before, but as my life got tougher being here, away from my home county and family, dealing with all the things happened to me on my own, and pursing my childhood big dreams have changed me 180 degree. In addition to that, I was born in a Buddhist practice, but I was skeptical about the practice and didn't think of my faith seriously.
Then, I learned from my practice that "your heart is all matters." As long as you have a strong faith, and have clear goals and visions, you can definitely take one step further and one step closer to your dreams every day. Ever since my faith got stronger, I finally started feeling alive! It was such an unbelievable feeling! I can absolutely tell you that I am happier than my teenagers and my early 20s. It feels so amazing to be myself. Of course the older you grow, the more obstacles you have to face and to suffer from. But those are definitely meant to happen for you, and you can transform them into a source of value and life ingredient to make your life even better and more interesting. So thanks to that, aging is not that bad thing, I realized. I don't think I would ever learned this when I was young -- because I have now grown up and have my own responsibility for my own happiness.
Looking back at my 28th, it was a full of adventures, new things to try out and a lot of fighting with the reality! And I bet it will be the same again for my new year. Well, I guess it could be a much crazier rollercoaster!! Haha... Don't get me wrong, though, I am totally ready for it!  Because now that I know no matter what happens, I can find joy in there, I can be thankful for everything, even the bad ones, and can naturally improve myself by handling them. I would rather have more struggles, walls, and challenges than nothing happening in my life! I am extremely intoxicated as I think of what's coming for my 29th year. At this point of me being 29 year old, I am not yet becoming the person I wanted to be, but it's all about continuing to make an effort to be THAT person and to grow as an individual regardless of how old you are. In my 29th, I hope I will be happier than my 28th, be able to be a wiser and braver woman, and be more proud of myself as a person as well as a blogger!

I wanted to take photos dedicated to this birthday post, but unfortunately this moody Seattle weather has been a little mean to me for the last few weeks. So the set of photos that I shot in DC with a great friend of mine, Teban, is the perfect enough for today's post. It was definitely something I've never done yet wanted to try for a long time. We were both totally blown away by the results! I am kinda sad this will be the last set I could share with you guys... ( Check out the previous ones, here and here)  I hope you like the images, and curious to know which one is your favorite!! xx
I will definitely challenge and try something NEW for the new year indeed! I can't wait to discover another new me! 

Thank you so much for visiting and reading today's birthday post! ♥ Make sure to follow me along on my Insta and Snapchat ( @fashionistaika ) for what I will be up for my birthday today! 
HAPPY BIRTDAY TO ME!!!!!
_________

Thank you for reading!!!!
XOXO


♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ - STAY FASHiONABLE, STAY UNiQUE - ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥

You Might Also Like

2 fashionable comments

  1. You look so good Aika,I thought you just turned 22 or 23 yrs ,you are beautiful and I want to look like you when am 29yrs.Team Aika.
    https://suburbanstylist.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you in small panties ;* so cute - Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit/see my blog and leave your comment!!!!
Your comments always make me happy and even make my day so lovely!!!


xoxo

★AikA★

Biểu mẫu liên hệ

Name

Email *

Message *